At this point, if you buy a Jeep Compass, I just don’t feel bad for you.
But Consumer Reports’ annual survey of 230,000 car owners reports six other less obvious vehicles that led to a miserable experience. The seven cars from each category they rank are:
- The aforementioned Jeep Compass, which exists only to tell other people you make poor life choices so they can stay away from you
- The Nissan Quest minivan, slammed for bad visibility and a frustrating CVT
- The Mercedes-Benz CLA, which—surprise!—feels cheap
- The Nissan Altima, called “horrible” and “irritating” for its handling
- The Hyundai Veloster, which felt cheap and underpowered
- The Nissan Frontier, dinged for bad fuel economy and a terrible turning radius
- And the Kia Rio, blasted for worse fuel economy than advertised (no shocker there) and a harsh ride
It’s kind of surprising to see so many Nissans on that list, but then again, that company hardly has the most inspiring lineup these days.
Do you agree with CR’s report, and what car do you most regret buying?
Hat tip to Carscoops
Contact the author at email@example.com.