There's only one thing left to do: Imagine a variant that will never exist and make people drool over it.
That's exactly what the guys at Car Throttle did when they created the Toyobaru Shooting Brake. It's like a Scion FR-S backed into a Ferrari FF, a car I already have an odd lust after. Excuse me, my knees are getting weak from all of this wonderfulness.
In order to create the shooting brake, Car Throttle took to the computer to imagine what could be the car that unseats the Miata as the answer to every question.
Here are the specs:
- Body length increased by 70mm
- Current fold-flat rear bench is ditched in favour of a practical 60/40 split
- Trunk capacity increased from 243 liters to 298 liters, with seats down capacity at 1040 liters (or 230 packs of diapers)
- 0-62mph of 7.8 secs and 8.5 secs (manual/auto) due to 143 pound weight increase
- UK pricing starts at £26,945 for manual and £28,445 for auto (Probably similar here in the US)
S I'm calling my local Scion and Subaru people to get this thing built. I suggest all y'all start doing the same.
(Hat Tip to Adnan!)