Shelby's just announced they will unveil the new Super Snake post title package for the 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 at this month's New York Auto Show. The highlight of the new Super-slithery 'stang is it's whopping 800 horsepower optional tuning package. Wow... just... wow.
The 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
• Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
• An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is available
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter
• The standard tune upgrades power to over 750 HP and 590 ft./lbs. of torque
• Optional Shelby / Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
• Borla exhaust system
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
• Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
• Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
• Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
• "Super Snake" vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
• "Shelby" lettering across the rear deck lid
• Optional two tone leather interior
• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
In addition to the Super Snake, Shelby American will also display the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible.
Yeah, yeah, whatever — we just said an 800 horsepower Ford Mustang. OK, who's got the over/under on how long after the Super Snake's released that the first owner crashes?