BMW fanatic Dave at r3vlimited was halfway through his two-year project to restore a BMW E30 3-series to its glory days when he returned to his garage to find everything stolen, ready to be resold. Can you help? — Ed.
So I just ran by the garage I rent this morning to grab some things for the e28 I picked up yesterday only to find out everything was gone. This was the garage that housed my e30 project. The only thing left in the garage is the shell and some interior.
I could use some extra eyes around the area and forums to try to spot anything being sold that can be tied back to the car.
Some of the easier to spot items:
- 16x9 Schmidt Modernline wheels wrapped in Sumitomo tires with a chunk taken out of one wheel spoke
- A full rebuilt M20B25 with a freshly painted (black) block - complete from pan to valve cover.
- Zinno red hood with a fake carbon fiber emblem (from PO)
- Orange / Black engine hoist and engine stand
- BMW BBS 14" Basketweaves - 3 wrapped in winter tires and one tireless
- Shock tubes with ground control coilover modification and M3 sway tabs welded on
...along with every part on an 89 e30 325is in Zinno red, thousands worth of my tools, my friends tools, machinery, and shit I had in storage. It would have taken hours to unload everything that was taken - so if you see anything suspicious please let me know.
Below are some pictures of what was taken and what the car looked like complete:
Pretty much everything in this picture is gone except the cardinal interior and the shell.
This was the level of completion the motor was stolen in, on the engine stand that was taken also - sorry for the picture but it's all I got:
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't have renters insurance and the owner doesn't have home owners. Let me be a lesson. Go get some. I really cant explain how this makes me feel.
This could have happened a month or so ago, I haven't been there in a while.
This article was reprinted from r3vlimited with the author's permission. If you've got any clues you can drop a note here in the post and Dave will be checking. Put out the bat signal!