Holy. Shit. This is the Morgan EvaGT. The gorgeous new 2+2 weighs only 2755 lbs, sports a 306-hp BMW straight six, gets 40 MPG, and has set our pants on fire. Morgan, you've really outdone yourself this time.
(Ed. Note: Though sometimes we give direction on posts, all of this is really Ben's breathless enthusiasm for the Morgan. I was going to tone it down but Ben's got problems, clearly, and now I'm a little afraid of him. — Matt Hardigree)
So let's just drop all the specs on you:
- 2+2 seating arrangement apparently capable of actual adult usage
- 2755 lb total curb weight
- 3.0-liter BMW inline six, 306-hp, 295 lb-ft of torque
- six-speed manual or six-speed automatic
- aluminum intensive construction
- 40 mpg fuel economy
- 0-62 mph in 4.5 seconds
- top speed of 170 mph
- British price - £70,000 to £85,000. Translated to USD, around $150,000
You should be sitting at your computer sweating right now, desperately trying to come up with a way to get $150k. If the specs alone don't do it for you the stunning body work should. This is a grand touring car done right. A proper balance of performance and style. If one of these ever shows up in our driveway for testing, we're grabbing the keys and heading for Mexico. Game over. Morgan wins.