The new 5.0-liter V8 beating heart of the 2011 Ford Mustang GT will be available August 15th as a crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The new 5.0-in-a-box carries a suggested retail price of $6,999.00.
FRPP's web site lists the crate motor as part # M-6007-M50. The notes indicate the big crate motor'll deliver the same 412 HP and 390 lb-ft o' torque found in the production 2011 Mustang GT. Here's the vital stats:
Ford Racing 5.0L 4V Mustang Crate Engine Stats:
Ford Racing's new all-aluminum 5.0L Mustang crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel)
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
- Deep sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
- Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Use our NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Direct replacement for 2011 Mustangs with engine code BG-397-AA
- Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code BG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
We'll take two please.
Hat tip to Jeff!