This Astra Nüburgring Edition ironically wiped out while racing around the Nürburgring. The cost? About $5,300. Of course that doesn't include the price of the air ambulance, a visit to the hospital and, of course, a new car.
Here are the steep prices for crashing your car at the 'Ring according to Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring Site:
• Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
• Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
• Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
• Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
• Replacing armco post: €39 each
• Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
• Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
• Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
• Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.
With a bit of back-of-the-napkin math (and presuming a generous five meters of armco and an accident time of just an hour) you end up with a price of $5,300 before you factor in the aforementioned air ambulance. Ouch.