Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be the world's first Ferrari theme park. Tuesday we showed you its roller coaster. But today we saw the whole building. Frankly, we're now scared. It's obviously not a theme park, it's a Cylon baseship.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, set to open later this year, is the world's first Ferrari theme park as well as the world's largest indoor park. Its sleek red roof is supposedly directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body, spanning 200,000 sq meters (2,152,782 sq ft) and carrying the largest Ferrari logo ever created.
It also, after looking at it in the artist's concept (above) and in Google Maps satellite (below), looks like they're building a Cylon ship (way below) — something we didn't notice when we saw a more oblique look at the concept drawing exterior last year. We're not saying the designers stole the look from Battlestar Galactica, but if they didn't we suddenly have become very afraid for humanity.
We're told attractions will include
* The aforementioned world's fastest roller coaster emulating the feeling of being in an F1 car
* G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62m, through the roof
* State-of-the-art racing simulators using a similar system as those used by the Ferrari racing team
* Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
* Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
* Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari
* A broad range of dining, quick service and beverage locations offering Italian-inspired delicacies
* Highlights include:
o Two restaurants inspired by the real Maranello food experience
o A true Italian ambiance of a traditional delicatessen, including:
+ Customised fresh pasta and pizza made-to-order
+ An array of international dishes to satisfy all tastes
What we haven't been told is it will also include:
* Cylon Raider aerial combat maneuvering training
* Workshops on how to act human
* An interactive movie: "The Hybrid and Me"