The 2009 Subaru WRX is a million times better than the 2008 model, but is it good enough for you?
Why you should buy the 2009 WRX:
You've got the need for speed but also the need for a car you can live with, the need for a car you can afford to fill up, the need to explore new routes, the need to move more than one person around simultaneously, the need to store things and the need to not spend all your money on a car payment.
Why you shouldn't buy this car:
You've got the need for speed but also the need to drive a car that looks like it was built for an adult, the need for smooth roads, the need for big engines, the need for loud noises and the need for something impractical.
Speed Merchants: Yes
Fashion Victims: No
Mack Daddies: No
Tuner Crowd: Yes
Penny Pinchers: Yes
Euro Trash: No
Working Stiffs: No
Soccer Moms: No
Nascar Dads: No
Golfing Grandparents: No
• Manufacturer: Subaru
• Model: WRX
• Model year: 2009
• Base Price: $25,495
• Price as Tested: $26,835
• Engine type: 2.5-Liter DOHC Intercooled Turbo Boxer 4
• Horsepower: 265 HP @ 6000 rpm
• Torque: 244 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
• Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
• Curb Weight: 3,200 lbs
• LxWxH: 180.3" x 68.5" x 58.1"
• Wheelbase: 103.1"
• Tires: 225/45 R17
• 0 - 60 mph: 5.4 seconds (manufacturer quoted)
• Top Speed: 140 MPH (limited)
• EPA Fuel economy city/highway: 18/25 MPG
• Jalopnik Fuel Economy: 18.8 MPG (city/highway mix 25/75)
• NHTSA crash test rating: *****/*****