GM Canada wants you to know they're still alive and breathing and in order to create hype they've re-badged the 2010 Buick LaCrosse. It's the all-new (kinda) 2010 Buick Allure, now with more gravy, eh.
The 2010 Buick Allure features the same content from the 2010 Buick LaCrosse that you're all starting to know and love including two V6 engines; a 3.0-liter direct inject in the CX, CXL and CXL AWD with 255 horsepower and 217 lb.-ft. of torque and a 3.6-liter in the CXS with 280 horsepower and 259 lb.-ft. of torque; a six-speed automatic transmission; your choice of 17-, 18- or 19-inch wheels, a comfy "library quiet" interior and the nicest looking production Buick exterior we've seen in a long time.
GM Canada is offering the 2010 Buick Allure at a starting price just south of $33,000 (CAD) with the top-of-the-line, blue hair attracting CXS model fetching nearly $41,000 (CAD).
Impressive style, safety, efficiency and refinement starting at under $33,000
Oshawa, Ontario (April 29, 2009) – General Motors today announced pricing for the all-new 2010 Buick Allure luxury sedan, which starts at an MSRP of $32,745 and arrives in showrooms this summer. Available in front and all-wheel-drive, the Allure is powered by a choice of two fuel-saving direct injection V-6 engines paired with six-speed transmissions and delivers precise suspension tuning for driving control and comfort unlike any Buick before it. The luxurious cabin offers a wide array of digital connectivity, safety and personal technologies in a library-quiet environment.
"Just like the Enclave set a new benchmark for luxury crossovers, the 2010 Allure aims to take the Buick transformation to the next level in the family sedan market," said Marc Comeau, vice president of sales, service and marketing for GM of Canada. "When customers see the Allure's impressive refinement and array of standard and optional features, they will be pleasantly impressed to learn just how much they can get for their money with Buick."
Further demonstrating Buick's ongoing commitment to quality, J.D. Power and Associates recently announced that Buick tied for the highest quality ranking in vehicle dependability for three-year old models. The Buick Allure was also ranked first in the midsize car segment, beating the Toyota Camry, while the Buick Lucerne came in second in the large car segment.
Pricing and details for the 2010 Allure:
* $32,745 for CX FWD: Standard equipment includes six standard air bags, including roof-mounted head curtain side air bags, premium cloth seats and 17-inch wheels, plus a new, technologically advanced 3.0L direct injection (DI) V-6 engine. Generating 255 horsepower and 217 lb.-ft. of torque, the engine's DI technology delivers excellent performance and fuel economy, which is improved further by the standard six-speed automatic transmission.
* $34,745 for CXL FWD: Building on the CX model's equipment, it adds, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lamps, outside rearview mirror with LED turn indicators and puddle lamps, remote vehicle start, 17-inch alloy wheels and optional heated leather seats
* $38,245 for CXL AWD: Adds, 18" alloy wheels and includes a fully automatic, intelligent all-wheel-drive system that works in tandem with the anti-lock braking system and StabiliTrak electronic stability control system to deliver sure-footed traction in almost all driving conditions
* $40,745 for CXS: Equipment includes a 3.6L direct injection V-6; perforated, leather heated and cooled seats, and chrome-plated 18-inch wheels (19-inch wheels are optional). The 3.6L engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and generates 280 horsepower and 259 lb.-ft. of torque.
In addition to the generous standard equipment on all models, the 2010 Allure offers a wide range of advanced optional features including:
* High-intensity discharge headlamps with adaptive forward lighting
* Side Blind Zone Alert
* Bluetooth phone connectivity
* Rear-seat DVD entertainment system
General Motors of Canada (GMCL) is headquartered in Oshawa Ontario and employs 12,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures vehicles, vehicle powertrains, and markets the full range of General Motors vehicles and related services through approximately 700 dealerships and retailers across Canada. - 30 -