We’re excited to announce a unique opportunity for filmmakers from all backgrounds, all over the country, to enhance their portfolios and have an original short film produced for the Second Annual Jalopnik Film Festival, sponsored by Volvo. Here are the details.
The deadline for concept submissions is August 25.
We’re looking for ideas that focus on the human side of car culture. Why do people care about cars? The essence of your film will focus the human side of car culture, from the point of view of drivers and passengers. The final film concept must be under 10 minutes
We encourage applicants to think outside the box! You don’t have to be a car expert to submit.
All genres are welcome: documentary, narrative, noir, you name it. Bonus points for creativity.
Volvo and Studio@Gawker will provide everything you need to produce your original short film, including a production team, a Volvo 60 Range vehicle, equipment, and all additional resources necessary to realize your vision.
- Travel/accommodations for the production of the short film
- Travel/accommodations for you and your guest at the Jalopnik Film Festival
- Your film will be screened at the Jalopnik Film Festival
- Doug Sonders and Nicholas Cambata of 8112 Studios will act as special mentors as needed throughout the filmmaking process
- Exposure of your film and credit to 8 Million unique visitors per month
- A high production-value short film to add to your personal portfolio
The deadline for concept submissions is August 25— Less than a week away!
(If you have trouble with the online form here is a PDF with all the information).