"Okay, so if I buy a race car, how do I get to race it?" If you're looking to enter the wide world of club racing, you'll need to get a racing license first. While every group has its own process for licensing, they all usually recognize the two main groups' licenses: NASA and SCCA.

Here's Oppositelock author HNBAS explaining how NASA (the National Auto Sport Association; no relation to sweet rocketships) does its licensing and where he's at with getting ready to race his Spec Miata.