LeBeau, and most industry pundits claim we'll see the following from the General:
• The automaker is seeking $1 billion in cost cuts on the salary side (including blue and white collar cuts).
• There could be up to four plant closings.
• As we've already reported, Saturn probably will see its throat cut. Expect Hummer and Saab to follow Saturn into the light without another long-term solution.
And from Chrysler:
• Two plans are being prepared.
• The first plan would be a "stand-alone" plan making the case for another $3 billion in federal funding.
• The second plan is an "alliance" plan with Fiat. This plan will probably also make the case for another $3 billion in federal funding.
So basically, Chrysler will again be showing a coloring book-like "plan" from their take-home homework. [via CNBC]