On Monday night at the Airline Passenger Experience (APEX) Expo in Anaheim, California, the APEX Association gave Passenger Choice Awards to airlines who were voted for by passengers. Virgin America cleaned up.
Virgin America's cabin interior, and its famous "mood lighting" (via binder.donedat on Flickr)
The awards were given as a result of airline passengers, who were surveyed in May and June of this year. Virgin America took home five of the thirteen prizes, including the top prize — Best Overall Cabin Experience. They also won Best in Region: Americas, Best Inflight Video, Best Cabin Ambience, and Best Ground Experience.
Here is a list of the other airline winners:
- Best in Region: Africa — Ethiopian Airlines
- Best in Region: Asia & Australia — Garuda Indonesia
- Best in Region: Europe: — Norwegian
- Best in Region: Middle East — Emirates
- John White Best Inflight Publication — Gulf Air
- Best Inflight Entertainment User Interface — Virgin Atlantic
- Best Inflight Connectivity & Communications — Norwegian
- Best Food & Beverage - Turkish Airlines
I confess I've never flown on any of these airlines, so it sounds like I have some flying to do. Or these will at least help me make choices the next time I have the option of choosing an airline. If you have flown any of these airlines, weigh in for us and tell us whether you agree with these winners, or who you think does the job better.
Top photo: Virgin America A320 by yuxi3200 on Flickr