Two things, I think, have been missing from all the buzz around the re-imagined Top Gear: ex-Jalopnik writer and professional powerslider Chris Harris, and ass-kicking ‘Ring Queen Sabine Schmitz. We get a lot more of the latter in this latest trailer, and it makes me feel a lot more optimistic about the show.
What you’re watching is an extended version of the trailer that dropped last week, and it delivers more, more, more of the good stuff we’ve been craving. Here are some of the highlights:
- Chris Evans chasing a fighter jet in a Dodge Viper ACR
- Some serious McLaren 675LT hoonage
- A psychotic Sabine in an Audi R8 screaming “HOLD TIGHT TO YOUR BALLS, SONNY” with a thick German accent, which is my new favorite expression
- That crazy Reliant Robin race between Evans and Matt LeBlanc
- Harris going nuts in a Ferrari F12 TDF
I can only hope the show itself is half as fun as this trailer is.