We told you most of the details of the third annual Jalopnik Film Festival in LA yesterday when we put tickets on sale, but because of a computer issue it appeared to some that our discounted VIP tickets were sold out. They’re not. Buy them here (or call 888-929-7849) and see Ronin, Steve McQueen The Man And Le Mans, Mad Max, Being Evel and a bunch of other films with one ticket!
Do you love films? We love films. We’re going to have a full day of screening at the historic and beautiful theater at the Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday, September 26th. This, you will need a ticket for, and you can get the $25 general admission ticket, which gets you into all the films, or the $75 VIP ticket(currently $50 on early bird until we sell out), which includes popcorn and a drink and lunch, as well as special perks on the Friday event (more details coming soon)
Here’s some of what we’re bringing:
- Steve McQueen: The Man And Le Mans - Le Mans may be adored by car film enthusiasts, but this documentary captures the high price Steve McQueen paid professionally and personally to get the film made.
- Mad Max (The Original) - George Miller imagines a post-apocalyptic world with cars so amazing you find yourself rooting for the end of the world.
- All Cars Go to Heaven, Part Two - A sneak preview of the second installment of The Smoking Tire’s road trip epic.
- Havana Motor Club - This stirring documentary captures the spirit of underground Cuban car enthusiasts trying to hold the first sanctioned race since the 1959 Revolution.
- Jalopnik on YouTube Season Two Preview - We’ll be showing a preview of our new season of shows for our YouTube channel before anyone else gets to see it.
- Being Evel - The story of America’s greatest daredevil Evel Knievel as told by superfan Johnny Knoxville.
- Ronin -Many car buffs and film buffs believe Frankenheimer’s spy classic is secretly the best car chase movie ever made.
- In Loving Memory -More than 240 competitors have died at the Isle of Man TT and this short film captures the spirit that draws them back every year.
- Jalopnik Short Film Contest Selections - The 11 short films selected by our panel of esteemed jurors, representing the best work of some familiar talent and some new directors.
We’ll also have panels with directors, writers, actors, and stunt people but we’re running out of space and we don’t want to overwhelm you with all the awesome. We’ll also be handing out awards to the best filmmakers, including the audience choice award.
Contact the author at email@example.com.