There’s a universal appeal of having a turbocharger on your car, from the audible torrent of air getting sliced and diced inside the compressor, to your skull hitting the back of your headrest in good fun. That’s why today, your challenge is to find the best turbo cars under a $15k budget. Choo choo.
Here are the rules:
- One entry per post.
- Cars must have a realistic selling price under $15,000.
- Cars must be operable/easily restored to running condition.
- Completed and sold listings can be included.
- You can add modifications, as long as it doesn’t go over the total budget.
- Write a short reason why your car is the best turbo car for less than $15,000.
I’ll arrange the best selections afterwards and it’s possible your answer may be used on a new show we’re working on at Jalopnik.
Tavarish is the founder of APiDA Online and writes and makes videos about buying and selling cool cars on the internet. He owns the world’s cheapest Mercedes S-Class, a graffiti-bombed Lexus, and he’s the only Jalopnik author that has never driven a Miata. He also has a real name that he didn’t feel was journalist-y enough so he used a pen name and this was the best he could do.