Welcome to Down On The Street, where we admire old vehicles found parked on the streets of the Island That Rust Forgot: Alameda, California. How about a '67 '66 Cadillac convertible as a company car?

Yes, this Cad should be tax-deductible, because it serves as a realtor's work vehicle. She bought it in rough shape and is still in the process of getting it fully restored, but it starts, stops, turns, and looks good doing it. It sure makes a better impression than, say, a Camry or Explorer. Hmmmm… my Sprite could be considered a "work vehicle" as well! I'm sure the IRS would be very understanding about that concept.

In 1967, a car buyer wishing to roll in top-down Cadillac style had to hand over $5,608 (around 36 grand in today's dollars) to the dealer man. For that price, you got power everything, cigarette lighters all over the place, and a super-smooth, 340-horsepower Cadillac 429. For about the same money, you could have purchased a brand-new Mercedes-Benz 250S, or a Jaguar XK-E roadster. Tough choice!

First 400 DOTS VehiclesDOTS FAQ