It's not a secret amongst tuners that an abnormally large percentage of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's are exported two kind of people: Russians or people I've heard euphemistically referred to as "Latin American businessmen." Seriously. And these "Latin American businessmen" will be pleased as cocaine-laced punch when they hear the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's getting the same 6.4-liter HEMI V8 found in the just released 2012 Charger SRT8.
None of the information obtained by W2KJeeps is all that surprising. In fact, we'd probably make up the same details if given the chance, but they've been right in the past so here's what they're saying:
All-New Second Generation Grand Cherokee SRT8
- World debut: New York Auto Show April 20, 2011
- Start of production: July 18, 2011
- 6.4L HEMI with MDS / 465-470 HP (est.)
- 5-speed auto transmission with steering wheel paddle shift controls
- New adaptive damping suspension system
- 0-60 in the 4's, 1/4 mile in the 12's (est.)
Full details can be found here. In the meantime, the news must be spreading fast as we hear certain cartel members are letting border sheriffs off with mere flesh wounds.