Hennessey's HPE650 supercharger kit for GM's 6.2 V8 claims 665 hp @ 5,500 rpm and 658 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm at the crank. Dyno testing says that translates to 545 horsepower at the wheels, but the real story is the boosted engine's glorious wail.
Like everything off Hennessey's shelf, this setup is pretty spendy. Like, the price of another truck spendy. I hope someone who's driven it will chime in and let us know if it's worth it.
For $24,950 installed, the HPE650 includes:
- 2.9 Liter Supercharger System
- High Flow Intercooling System
- High Flow Cylinder Heads
- Custom HPE Camshaft
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- All Necessary Gaskets, Fluids & Hardware
- Professional Installation
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Serial-Numbered Dash Plaque
- Serial-Numbered Engine Plaque
- Hennessey Exterior Badging
- HPE650 Exterior Badging
- Supercharged Badging
- Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
The kit can also be fitted to the 2015 Cadillac Escalade or 2015 Chevrolet Silverado with 6.2 V8s. HPE 550 and HPE600 setups, with and 605 bhp @ 5,500 rpm/621 lb-ft Torque @ 4,200 rpm at the crank respectively.
The HPE550 is $15,950 and is HPE600: $19,950. All the Hennessey 6.2 kits come with a 3 year, 36,000 mile limited warranty.