One of the most annoying high school trends we remember was the proliferation of W.W.J.D. bracelets. But, as annoying as showy religion of any kind can be, it's a good question: what would Jesus drive?
Is there really any answer other than a VW Bus? It's a vehicle designed for the people, of simple means, and often owned by people who don't have real jobs but claim to be carpenters. There's also lots of room inside for apostles. Many of theme also smell like fish. And have you ever read the Beatitudes?
• Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
• Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
• Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
• Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
• Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
• Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
• Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
• Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Yeah, it might as well be a freaking VW Bus brochure.
Dare to disagree? Start a great schism and name your best holy roller here.
(QOTD is your chance to answer the day's most pressing automotive questions and experience the opinions of the insightful insiders, practicing pundits and gleeful gearheads that make up the Jalopnik commentariat. If you've got a suggestion for a good "Question Of the Day" send an email to tips at jalopnik dot com.)
Photo Credit: io.com