I have a little thought exercise for you, a game of sorts. You are going to tell me five cars in your ultimate fantasy garage. But hold on there, buckaroo... there are some rules and you are going to have to think this one through very carefully.
- You can pick five cars and only five cars for your ultimate garage.
- You cannot sell a car just to get other cars. You only have five spots.
- You may pick any car that was available at anytime from anywhere. No need to worry about production runs or import laws.
- You do not have to worry about maintenance and repairs. That will all be taken care of via some magical warranty or the fact that you have eleventy billion dollars to buy these automobiles.
- Cars do not have to be street legal.
And the big one….
6. Once you have made your selection you will be stuck with these cars for the rest of your life. You will not be permitted to buy or drive any car other than the five you have chosen.
So how are you going to choose? Will you pick ones from various parts of the world, or perhaps different vehicle segments? Are you going to have a mix of old and new?
Having done this myself, I can tell you that the first two picks will be easy. Then the permanent reality will sink in and this will become more of a challenge than you had anticipated.
Choose wisely, my friends.