Most things are terrible, but Radwood—the grassroots car show that celebrates the rides of the 1980s and 1990s—is good. It’s back at the end of this month in the San Francisco Bay Area. Once again Jalopnik is getting involved with the show, and we want you to get involved too! Update: It’s past the 2 p.m. ET deadline, so the contest is closed!
We’re partnering with the event organizers for a very rad contest to honor three lucky readers and their cars. If you’re in the area or can make it to Oyster Point in South San Francisco on June 24, and you think your car is rad enough to be a winner, you should enter.
The categories we’re handing out trophies in are:
Raddest Time Machine, meaning the most well-preserved ride
You submit your rides via email, we pick our 10 favorites for each of those three categories, and then the entire Jalopnik commentariat gets to vote on three winners.
Yeah, we’re letting all of you readers decide the winners on this one. It’s a community effort. You can vote for yourself, too. I would.
Those three winners get VIP passes to the show, and their cars will be on display at the special Jalopnik area of Radwood. You’ll be featured on the site too, and maybe on some of our videos. We’ll even hook you up with some complimentary Jalopnik swag.
Interested? Hell yes, you are.
Here are the rules:
- If you think you have a shot, email our courageous intern Mack Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Radwood Contest.” (Yes, I’m making him organize all this crap so I don’t have to, but he’s going to the show in exchange.)
- The car has to be from 1980-1999.
- Be sure to include your name, contact info, Kinja handle if you have one, a photo or photos of your car, what category you’re entering, and why you deserve to win. Tell us a good story about you and your ride!
- You gotta get to Radwood San Francisco yourself one way or another, either by driving your car or trailering it. We’re not sending you there. But if you run into trouble we’re happy to provide mechanical advice, or at least thoughts and prayers.
- We’ll select our 10 favorite cars in each category and then put them online for a reader vote.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, June 15 at 2 p.m. ET.
- We’ll have the reader vote on Monday and will announce the three winners soon after.
Best of luck to all the entrants, and if you have questions, post them in the comments or email us. We’ll see you and your rad rides at the show! And get more information on the event, including registration, here.
Update Friday 2 p.m. ET: The contest is CLOSED! Don’t email us anymore!