Ask anyone that has to perform on stage or present things on live TV or radio: it’s hard. However, it doesn’t have to be when you simply stop giving a shit. This news reporter commentary, taken from yesterday’s crazy Ford Mustang police chase through Los Angeles, is a prime example of exactly that. Can you even? Because I can’t.
Driving a stolen Mustang with the top down and a front tire missing through Los Angeles during a rainstorm is beyond idiotic. Doing it with half of the LAPD and California Highway Patrol behind you is damn near suicidal. I can honestly say that I haven’t seen such a thrilling chase in quite some time, in no small part aided by the colorful commentary of the two reporters, Kari Lake and Kinsey Schofield of FOX 10 Phoenix. Yes, while they were in a different city, they followed the LA chase with some amazing banter.
While it is a serious chase with lives on the line, the entire thing plays out like a Soccer Moms React video. And it’s goddamn glorious.
Here are just a few things that are discussed during the chase:
- How to determine if a car is a BMW
- How to correctly retract a convertible top
- If a cop will allow citizens to perform PIT maneuvers for fun
- Stopping a car chase yourself like a boss
- Bernie Sanders
- Upstaging the LAPD using nothing but the contents of your handbag
- How to deal with your live feed switching to American Idol for no reason
I’m not sure if this can ever be topped.
Sheriff John Bunnell would be proud.