Two Washington men were seriously injured Sunday after their home-built "rocket" โ€” a barrel full of methanol and a match โ€” exploded. They sat on the barrel, intending to ride it across the parking lot. Darwin loses again!

According to Washington State's Skagit Valley Herald, two men in the town of Sedro-Wooley were injured on Sunday when they attempted to build a "barrel ride" in the parking lot of a local racing shop. They placed four gallons of methanol in a 55-gallon drum, sat on top of it, and lit it on fire. The men were airlifted to a local hospital following the explosion, which launched parts of the barrel as far away as 120 feet.

The local fire chief had this to say:

Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead it blew up.


Really? Really? Really? People actually did this?

Done! I'm moving to the moon. This planet is just too damn stupid.