32% is the difference in efficiency between the old naturally aspirated V8 and the new twin-turbo from the Mercedes-AMG GT. The 2015 C63 AMG will also be available from market launch as an "Edition 1". Super special!
You know almost everything about the new tire slayer C-Class by now. You know about its 503/516 lb/ft horsepower engine which turns into a 469 hp/479 lb/ft V8 in the base car. You know it weights 3,648 lbs, comes with dynamic engine mounts, the MCT 7-speed sport transmission, an adaptive sport suspension with 3-stage adjustable damping and all the other bits that make AMG cars fast.
You also know a lot about the engine that killed of our beloved 6.2 V8, but the 32 percent improvement in fuel economy is a big deal. Mercedes claims that it makes the new C63 the "most fuel-efficient eight-cylinder car in the high-performance segment." Whatever, I just like the more power for less fuel idea.
Mercedes also announced that a special version called "Edition 1" will be available from the start as long as you choose the more powerful C63 AMG. It comes with:
- Forged 19 inch alloys painted matte black with the rim painted in red
- Night package (A-wing and trim in high-gloss black, wing mirror housings in high-gloss black, sill cladding inlays in high-gloss black, waistline trim and window frames in high-gloss black, radiator grille with double fin in silver chrome, Black-chromed twin end pipe fairings)
- Red accentson radiator grille and wing mirrors
- Sport stripes in matte graphite grey above sill cladding
- Performance seats, door center panels and armrest in black nappa leather with diamond pattern and red contrasting stitching
- designo seatbelts in red
- Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre, flattened bottom, with red 12-o'clock marking, red contrasting stitching, steering wheel fairing in silver chrome with "Edition 1" lettering and silvercolored aluminium shift paddles
- Trim element in carbon red pepper / light aluminium with longitudinal grain and red filaments
- Floor mats in black with "AMG" lettering and piping in red
For that much red/black stuff, expect to pack a bit more green.