Man Sues BMW After Motorcycle Gives Him An Erection That Won't Go Away

Illustration for article titled Man Sues BMW After Motorcycle Gives Him An Erection That Won't Go Away

While an extended state of arousal after a motorcycle ride might sound like typical rhetoric of the two wheel crowd, one man is now suing BMW Motorrad USA and the maker of an aftermarket seat after a motorcycle ride left him with an erection that wouldn't go away.


The California man is claiming that a BMW motorcycle and a dealer installed custom seat are responsible for causing priapism—which thanks to a seemingly endless supply of TV advertisements for erectile dysfunction pills we all know is an erection lasting four hours or longer.

Clearly the Beemer owner doesn't find this issue to be a laughing matter, the suit filed in the Superior Court of San Francisco County this past week seeks damages for lost wages, personal injury, medical expenses, product liability, and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Rather than make tasteless jokes at the expense of this BMW owner we'll include an excerpt of the complaint and leave the rest to you:

"Plaintiff was riding his 1993 BMW motorcycle equipped with a Corbin-Pacific seat. The ride lasted approximately two hours each way to plaintiff's destination, after which plaintiff developed a severe case of priapism (a persistent, lasting erection). Plaintiff alleges that this condition was caused by the ridge-like seat on his motorcycle, negligently designed, manufactured and/or installed by defendants.

"Plaintiff now suffers from priapism (a long lasting erection), and has been experiencing continuing problems since his motorcycle ride. He is now unable to engage in sexual activity, which is causing him substantial emotional and mental anguish. Plaintiff is distraught and distressed because of this. Defendants, and each of them, are liable to plaintiff due [to] their negligent design, manufacture and/or installation of the seat on plaintiff's motorcycle."

(Hat tip to McNewbie1!)



Is unable to engage in sexual relations? So who can I sue for being married?