Is the Ford F150 Harley-Davidson Edition too wimpy for you because there aren't enough wheels? Then do we have the truck for you. Grunt 'hi' to the hogarific International Lonestar Harley-Davidson Special Edition.
International brought us the Lonestar semi 2 years ago at the Chicago Auto Show and felt that now was just the right time to unload a $155,000+ Harley-Davidson Special Edition of the new truck. I'm sure the Ford guys dribbled just a little bit when they first laid their eyes on this beast. The big International has Harley-inspired headlights, a unique grille and 24.5-inch wheels, a unique black and orange paint job and plenty of chrome to make even an arab sheik jealous. Moving to the interior you'll find reupholstered leather seating surfaces with enough Harley logos thrown throughout to qualify as an official HD groupie hangout. Long wiry hair and leather chaps are optional.
Navistar Goes Full Throttle With International LoneStar, Unveils Harley-Davidson Special Edition
Navistar, Inc. (NYSE:NAV) turned up the volume yet again at this year?s Mid-America Trucking Show, leaving nothing behind with the debut of the International® LoneStar® Harley-Davidson? Special Edition.
With deep black paint and contrasting silver and orange striping, the attention-grabbing, chrome-laden big rig truck is one-of-a-kind. Designed in collaboration with the legendary motorcycle manufacturer, the International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition leaves no doubt as to its DNA.
?The Harley-Davidson Special Edition takes LoneStar to the next level,? said Dee Kapur, president, Navistar Truck Group. ?It?s the perfect combination of LoneStar originality and Harley-Davidson authenticity.?
The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition is authentic all the way down to its design elements. The headlights are actual authentic headlamps from Harley-Davidson® motorcycles and the leather seats feature the same Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield that appear on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
When the opportunity to work together first came about, we were intrigued about designing a long-haul truck that had the sleek forms and unique shapes that are unique to Harley-Davidson motorcycles,? said Ron Hutchinson, senior vice president of Product Development for Harley-Davidson Motor Company. ?The collaboration produced a truck that has the innovation of Navistar with the heart and soul of Harley-Davidson. This truck oozes the freedom and spirit of the open road.?
?Collaborating with Harley-Davidson has been a great experience from the beginning,? added Kapur. ?Our customers are passionate about both brands. Combining the bold look of the International LoneStar with the uniqueness of Harley-Davidson delivers a winning product for customers.?
The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition embraces life on the open road with a unique combination of style, comfort and profitability.
* Unique metallic black paint with contrasting silver/orange striping in classic Harley-Davidson style
* Distinctive grille, inspired from the 1939 International D-series with distinctive Harley-Davidson logo-type side graphics
* Deep, clean, and classically simple front bumper with integrated fog and marker/turn lamps and optional bumper light bar
* Authentic Harley-Davidson headlights, pulled directly from the famous Harley-Davidson Screamin? Eagle® Performance Division
* Massive 7-inch chrome stacks with aggressive bologna cut tips for a custom look
* Set-back fuel tanks for a sleeker, west coast appearance
* Custom-forged and -machined 24.5-inch aluminum wheels with unique lug nut covers and Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield center caps
* Unique formed super-deep custom sunshade and a distinctive aluminum battery box sporting Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield logos
And, like anything else that wears the International diamond, the LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition can be customized to reflect the owner?s personality. Owners can make their truck uniquely their own with more than 40 customization options available at launch.
Inside, the LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition lets drivers feel like they own the road, with a comfortable and uniquely styled work environment that easily converts to an innovative living space. The LoneStar interior is known for being more than a cab ? it?s a suite. And, now it adds the unique Harley-Davidson look and feel. It features rich leather upholstery, turned aluminum gauge faces, dark rosewood cabinets and a dark walnut floor. Yet, it still has all the comforts of home with a sleeper that works like an office and a pull-down mattress that easily converts the sofa into a 42?-wide bunk. Built for a select few, it even includes a limited production number plate on the shifter.
* Unique bright finish shift lever with engraved limited production engine-turned number plate on a custom shifter handle including owner?s name and a distinct limited edition serial number
* Rich, black perforated leather upholstery with color-coordinated black-on-black stitching throughout
* Authentic Harley-Davidson fuel tank badges on front seatbacks and rear couch bolster
* Special Edition instrument cluster featuring hooded gauges with turned aluminum faces and an engine-turned argent-colored housing background for the cluster and secondary display
* Harley-Davidson logo-types debossed into rich leather door panel top-covers
* Distinctive dark rosewood cabinetry and instrument panel accents and a rich dark walnut insert in the sleeper floor
* Pull down bed quickly converts from couch to 42?-wide bunk with standard innerspring mattress or an optional Lattoflex Sleep System with a memory foam mattress
The International LoneStar Harley-Davidson Special Edition is available in a sleeper configuration only. It will be available for order next month and will enter production in June. Only 250 units will be produced in 2009. To learn more, go to www.internationaltrucks.com/lonestarhd.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE:NAV) is a holding company whose wholly owned subsidiaries produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, IC Bus brand school and commercial buses, and Workhorse brand chassis for motor homes and step vans. It also is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company also provides truck and diesel engine parts and service. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com/newsroom.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.