Havana Motor Club. Ronin. Steve McQueen The Man And Le Mans. In addition to being the greatest car film event on Earth, ever, the third annual Jalopnik Film Festival in Los Angeles will bring you a full-day of 21 car films (both short and long) for $25. Buy your tickets right here. The value!
The event is not sold out. If you’re having trouble with the system you can call 1.888.929.7849.
The current lineup for the second day of the Jalopnik Film Festival (Friday is going to be a showing of Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman with a few surprises) is going to be the single greatest day of car film showings ever envisioned by mankind.
We’re going to have a full day of screening at the historic and beautiful theater at the Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles. This, you will need a ticket for, and you can get the $25 general admission ticket, which gets you into all the films, or the $75 VIP ticket, which includes popcorn and a drink and lunch, as well as some special perks on Friday.
Here’s some of what we’re bringing:
- Steve McQueen: The Man And Le Mans - Le Mans may be adored by car film enthusiasts, but this documentary captures the high price Steve McQueen paid professionally and personally to get the film made.
- Mad Max (The Original) - George Miller imagines a post-apocalyptic world with cars so amazing you find yourself rooting for the end of the world.
- All Cars Go to Heaven, Part Two - A sneak preview of the second installment of The Smoking Tire’s road trip epic.
- Havana Motor Club - This stirring documentary captures the spirit of underground Cuban car enthusiasts trying to hold the first sanctioned race since the 1959 Revolution. Two of the racers and the director will be around for a panel.
- Jalopnik on YouTube Season Two Preview - We’ll be showing a preview of our new season of shows for our YouTube channel before anyone else gets to see it.
- Being Evel - The story of America’s greatest daredevil Evel Knievel as told by superfan Johnny Knoxville.
- Ronin -Many car buffs and film buffs believe Frankenheimer’s spy classic is secretly the best car chase movie ever made. We’ll also have a panel to discuss the film.
- In Loving Memory -More than 240 competitors have died at the Isle of Man TT and this short film captures the spirit that draws them back every year.
- Jalopnik Short Film Contest Selections - The 11 short films selected by our panel of esteemed jurors, representing the best work of some familiar talent and some new directors.
How Do I Participate?
The best way to experience all of this is to be in Los Angeles on September 25th and 26th and buy a ticket (VIP early bird here or a regular ticket). There might also be stickers. Just saying.
Planning to come? Let us know in the comments and we’ll look out for you.
Contact the author at email@example.com.