I’m proud to announce the names of the short films selected by our esteemed panel of judges that we’ll screen during our day of films on Saturday. Definitely buy a ticket now for your chance to see the best filmmakers of the present and future on the big screen.
A big impetus for doing the original film festival was Senna and the fact that the biopic was adored by fans despite being largely ignored by the film industry here in the United States. That’s why we brought director Asif Kapadia to our festival to screen his film.
Encouraged by Asif and other filmmakers like Tamir Moscivici and Brian Scotto, we made the second festival all about supporting people making films right now. This year we’ve got a full day of screenings that will include a roughly 60-minute reel of short films from a mix of directors you know and young artists on the rise.
Here’s the full list of whose films were selected after review by Jeff Zwart, Spike Feresten, Adam Carolla, and C.J. Wilson:
Jeff Zwart: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb 2015 - William Roegge
Symphony of Senses - Tim Wen
INTERVALS: The 24 Hours Of Nürburgring - DC Chavez
Halloween Meets Gasoline - The 24 Hours Of LeMons - Marcus Ubungen
Building Your Dream Ferrari Is A Beautiful Thing - Petrolicious
Magnificent Machine - Brendon Schaufert
INDIANAPOLIS - Shawn Gritzmacher
Why The Dino Is So Special - Adrian Larkin and /DRIVE
Let’s Go Racing - Steve Chase
To Live And Drive In LA - Andrew Maness
Moto Borgotaro - Le Mans - Roberto Serrini
(While the films are generally randomly assigned to judges, it’s worth noting that Jeff Zwart did not review the film that was about him for obvious reasons.)
- 10:30 AM - Doors Open at Ace Hotel
- 11:00 AM - Mad Max (The Original)
- 12:30 PM - All Cars Go To Heaven, Part Two Preview
- 12:45 PM - Being Evel
- 2:30 PM - In Loving Memory
- 2:45 PM - PANEL: “What Makes Ronin An All-Time Great Car Film”
- 3:15 PM - Ronin
- 5:30 PM - Jalopnik Film Festival Short Film Contest Winners
- 6:45 PM - Havana Motor Club
- 8:15 PM - PANEL: “At Risk: The Importance Of Documenting Car Culture”
- 8:45 PM - Jalopnik Investigates Season Two Premiere Episode Sneak Preview
- 9:00 PM - Steve McQueen: The Man and Le Mans
- 11:00 PM - We all stumble out to the bar
Once again, if you want to see all of this you can buy tickets right here. The $25 general admission gets you in for all the screenings and the $75 VIP pass gets you admission plus popcorn, a drink, and food on Saturday and also food/drinks at the Friday event at Barker Hanger.
Any questions? Let us know.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org. Photo Credit: DC Chavez/Intervals