Have a car-related horror story you'd like to share? Embarrass yourself, get screwed over, or just plain do something stupid? Dealer moments! Mechanic moments! Funny moments! We want 'em all!
Yep, you guessed it: This is for our recurring feature, Garage of Horror. We want to hear your tales of automotive weirdness. This can encompass just about anything, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Horrible car-buying experiences
- Funny car-buying experiences
- Good/bad/groanworthy tales from the office front (Intern at a car company or automotive supplier? Work there?)
- Mechanic disasters (everyone is, or has at some point been, a dissatisfied or bemused customer)
- First-hand mechanic disasters (you've broken it/seen it broken/watched it explode/been punched by a customer, admit it)
- Weird/strange/embarrassing/ugly racing moments
- That time you got your finger stuck in the dash vent and had to call the fire department to come free you and it would've been fine if it weren't for the fact that you weren't wearing any pants and just happened to have left your dildo collection in the back seat and your cat was belted into the passenger seat and covered in maple syrup, but really, it was unrelated, and you got off (no pun intended) without a ticket, so at least it ended well. Sort of.
How often Garage of Horror runs, and how the stories are slanted, depends on you. Want to become famous and share your misery/madness/mirth with the world? Is the cat/rally car/massive explosion in the above picture yours? Drop us an email with "Garage of Horror" in the subject line. (If you need inspiration, try here.) Vote early, vote often, and remember, never cut the funny.