After years of lusting for the shape he created as a student at Art Center College of Design in 1990, Chip Foose is finally selling his Hemisfear-inspired Foose Coupe to the public. This one is number 4, the second one on sale to Joe Public, and it's just been delivered to a buyer out Californee-way. You may be wondering why we're reporting on rich guys buying cars today. Well. Considering the massive meltdown of the US auto market, we're forced to actually tell you about every car sold in the US. Each one is big news. Press release below.
Hillbank Motor Corporation, Home of Superformance Distribution, Delivers Its First Foose Coupe
Irvine, CA - On Tuesday, July 17, Hillbank Motor Corporation, the home of
Superformance Distribution and Shelby Distribution USA delivered its first
Foose Coupe to its lucky new owner. "It was a very proud day for us," said
Lance Stander, CEO of Superformance Distribution. "We wish the new owner all
the best and lots of fun driving."
This particular Coupe is the fourth built and only the second available to
the public. It features a unique paint scheme featuring a carbon fiber
spears on the front, back, and sides surrounded by flames hand painted by
Chip Foose himself. Power comes from a 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 producing
approximately 500 horsepower and 480 lb-ft torque, with power being sent to
the wheels through a 5-speed manual transaxle. The polished aluminum wheels
are Foose-designed, and are wrapped with Pirelli PZero tires. Inside, the
Foose Coupe features plush leather seating with 4-point safety harnesses,
carbon fiber trim, and a pistol grip shifter.
About the Foose Coupe
The Foose Coupe debuted at the 2006 SEMA Show to incredible reviews from the
automotive press and community and is available to the public as a signature
series limited edition vehicle available through Superformance Distribution.
Production will be limited to just 50 vehicles. The Foose Coupe features a
carbon fiber monocoque body, independent front and rear suspension, 14-inch,
6-piston Baer brakes, and 20-inch Pirelli PZero tires. Each vehicle is
signed by Chip and will be documented in the Foose Registry.
Foose Coupe Features:
* Design: Stylized and Conceived by Chip Foose
* Builder: Metalcrafters, Inc.
* Vehicle Type: Limited Edition, Mid-Engine, Rear Wheel Drive, 2 Passenger, 2 Door Coupe
* Engine: 6.4 L (392 cu.in.) Mopar Hemi V-8, Iron Block, Aluminum Heads or 5.4 L DOHC, 32-Valve, 90-Degree V-8, Ford GT Aluminum Heads
* Fuel Delivery System: Individual Hilborn Throttle Bodies with Velocity Stack Air Intakes (8), AEM Electronic Fuel Injection
* Transmission: ZF 5-Speed Manual Transaxle
* Body and Chassis: Carbon Fiber Monocoque Cabin on Modular Steel Space Frame
* Suspension: Front: Independent, Unequal Length Control Arms, Inboard-mounted Koni Coilover Shock Absorbers Actuated by Rocker Arms. Rear: Independent, Unequal Length Control Arms, Koni Coilover Shock Absorbers
* Brakes: 6-piston Baer Monoblock Calipers, 14" Cross-drilled and Vented Rotors, Tilton Series 75 Master Cylinder
* Steering: Woodward Rack and Pinion
* Tires/Wheels: Front: 225/40 ZR 18 Pirelli PZero on 20 x8 Foose Polished, Rear: 315/35 ZR 20 Pirelli PZero on 20 x12 Foose Polished
* General Data: Weight: 2775 lbs, Overall Length: 163.89", Overall Width: 91.50", Overall Height: 45.39", Wheelbase: 120", Track: 60.94" (Front), 65.51" (Rear)