Not everyone is born with silver spoons in their mouths and titanium paddle shifters at their fingertips - dues must be paid with sweat equity and the humility of driving a beater. That's why this week, I'm asking all of you to find the most dependable, frugal and characterful cars on eBay for less than a $3,000 budget. The struggle is real.
Here are the rules:
- One entry per post.
- Selections aren't limited to simply 'cars' (kit cars, trucks, and military/commercial vehicles included)
- Cars must have a realistic selling price under $3,000.
- Cars must be operable/easily restored to running condition.
- Completed and sold listings can be included.
- You can add modifications, as long as it doesn't go over the total budget.
- Write a short reason why your car is the best beater for less than $3,000.
I'll arrange the best selections afterwards. You have until the end of the weekend.