DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced additional vehicles with Chevrolet MyLink will be available with Siri, Apple’s intelligent assistant that helps get things done just by asking. Siri Eyes Free Integration will be available on the 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS and Volt.
"The response to Siri Eyes Free integration in Chevy Sonic and Spark from our customers has been remarkable," said Chris Perry, Chevrolet vice president of U.S. Marketing. “Easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience, so we're excited to expand this to even more customers."
Through the cars' available Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, customers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 or iOS 7 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. To help further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode which enables drivers to interact with their iPhones using nothing more than their voice while keeping the device's screen from lighting up.
Owners simply connect their iPhone with the MyLink radio via Bluetooth, pair with the system, and use the steering wheel voice activation button to begin and end sessions with Siri in Eyes Free mode.
In the 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS and Volt vehicles equipped with MyLink, owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access Calendar and add appointments
In addition, these vehicles also come with six months of OnStar's premium Directions and Connections service. OnStar brings added safety, security and connectivity to these vehicles, including services such as Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostics and Roadside Assistance.
Most smartphone owners can also download the RemoteLink Mobile App, which allows current OnStar subscribers to control and manage certain vehicle functions from their phone. RemoteLink Key Fob Services, which include the ability to lock or unlock a vehicle, flash the lights and honk the horn, or start the engine on properly equipped vehicles, are free for five years and do not require an OnStar subscription. For more information on OnStar's services, visit onstar.com
* Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, and iPad (3rd and 4th generations), iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation), and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.