Shockingly, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's staff was pretty silent about our car guy challenge last week, but that's okay. I'm not going to take it personally.
That said, Jalopnik's commenters once again proved their iron-clad badassery, as all the images were identified properly in the comments, even if not all in one single comment. Again, this was a bitch of a challenge, and I'm impressed with the results. So, everyone, call your bookies, because here are the answers.
As you saw, his proposal made for a very challenging quiz — and I do want to emphasize, the parameters of the quiz were the ones proposed by Romney himself: one square foot of the cars. We weren't trying to make something impossibly hard, we were just basing it on the quote itself.
That said, let's see how many you got right:
1. 1963 Chevrolet Corvair
2. 1959 Studebaker Lark (that color should be a giveaway)
3. 1965 Lincoln Continental (a squashed-bug's-eye-view)
4. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (I'm amazed, but someone actually got this one)
5. 1969 Ford Bronco
6. 1961 Jeep FC 150 (Very happy to see folks getting this one)
7. 1959 Crosley Wagon
8. 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood
9. 1967 Ford Mustang (The gimme)
10. 1968 Rambler American (He should know this one)
So there you go. Thanks for playing, and if anyone who answered is running for president, let me know.