Now you've seen the leaked 2015 Ford Mustang courtesy of an Autoweek leak, and now the mag has some of the details from the new pony car. Here's what we know so far.
• Independent Rear Suspension, obviously
• 200-pound weight reduction over the outgoing Mustang, thanks in part to aluminum front fenders
• Two GT Performance Packs, one for the 2.3 Ecoboost and another for the 5.0 V8, includes limited-slip diff; V8 PP cars get 15-inch Brembos with six-pot calipers
• Ford says GT PP faster on track than 2012 Boss
• Standard keyless entry, meaning all cars get a proximity key
• At least some versions have MyFord Touch, but with physical knobs and buttons for HVAC functions
• 10% of production is expected to end up overseas, but Canada will remain second largest market for it
According to another source
• The wheelbase is the same as the 2014 model (107.1 inches) and the overall length is nearly identical.
• The front track is the also the same as the 2014, but the rear track is 2 inches wider at 64.9 inches.
• The overall height of the new car is about 1.5 inches shorter and the overall width of the car is about 1.5 inches wider.