People are meant to move. We’ve been doing it for tens of thousands of years. Chasing mammoths across the tundra, chasing shiny pebbles down frigid mountain streams, chasing native people out of their homelands. Somewhere in all that traveling we learned to grow plants in rows and gather cattle into groups and squint…
Recently I tried to sell my old Volvo 245 Turbo. I've decided to not do that, and instead drive it around 2300 miles from Ypsilanti, Michigan to Simi Valley California. Why, you ask? Because it's better than renting a car and because I'm moving back to California after 3 years in
this unbelievable shithole Michigan.
In order to relocate from Austin to Washington, D.C., my lovely fiancée and I recently had the extreme pleasure of spending two-and-a-half days driving across this great nation of ours in a Ford E-350 Super Duty moving truck with all of our furniture and a multitude of boxes in the back.
Chance someone snagged a couch from the curb despite driving a Ford Mustang convertible: 86%. Chance it belongs in a police evidence locker: 11%. Remaining 3%: Owner forgot to install seat belts.