The first vehicle out of New Volvo was the Volvo XC90, and that was pretty swell. But if we’re going to be talking about traditional Volvos, it’s got to be a big Swedish sedan. That’s what the 2017 Volvo S90 is supposed to be, and already it is very, very good.
(Full Disclosure: Volvo wanted me to drive an S90 so bad that I begged and pleaded for one for months, and they finally acquiesced. Probably to get me to shut up.)
It basically took everything we loved about the XC90, and put it all into a lower, prettier package.
Things I Like:
- From most angles it looks great
- Comfy as hell without feeling floaty
- The sound system is where I go to be eternally blissful and also make my eardrums bleed
Things I Don’t Like As Much
- Like I said, “from most angles.” Those rear tail lights are ugly as sin.
- The semi-autonomous Pilot Assist system is still very bad, and I do believe it tried to kill me a few times
- The electric steering system is a bit numb
So what do you want to know about the car? Shoot your questions into the comments below, and I’ll stick around for a bit to answer them.