We're not usually ones for jamming our thumbs into our own eyes. Be that as it may, we're going to start sifting through the full discussion text of the automaker not-a-bailout bill entitled: "To authorize financial assistance to eligible automobile manufacturers, and for other purposes." Sounds thrilling, doesn't it? Read along with us here.
Just scanning it, I will make several observations.
1. The use of "eligible" auto manufacturers- as if they are O.J. Sipmson(allegedly guilty of being automakers).
2. Golden parachutes will become lead zepplins.
3. 5% isn't much of a deal, but 9% sucks.
4. The top 25 executives will, in all liklihood, fly the coop.
5. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank are not on any list of incoming C.E.O.'s.