New Way Moving Services, Inc. offers the ability to bundle your auto shipping and home moving services at a discount. This exciting feature prompted our team to take a closer look at the shipping company.
In this review, our team will examine New Way Moving Services pricing, services, ratings and reviews. We’ll also see how the company stacks up against the best car shipping companies in the country.
New Way Moving Services Overview
Based in Miami, Florida, New Way Moving Services has been in the car shipping business since 2007. That makes the broker an established veteran by industry standards. New Way has a few unique features, like its bundled home and auto moving service and several other coupons and discounts.
New Way Moving Services Pros And Cons
New Way Moving Services Shipping Cost
Like most brokers, New Way Moving Services doesn’t post rates online. But it also doesn’t provide an easy way to get a quote without your contact information. Instead, you’ll need to provide your phone number and email address along with information about your move and your vehicle. Then you’ll wait for a phone call from a sales rep to give you a quote for one of their dispatchers.
Average Car Shipping Costs
According to our internal research, the industry-wide average car shipping cost is around $1,200. That includes all types of moves. If this is your first time, you should know there is a huge cost difference between local moves and transporting a car thousands of miles in cross-country shipping. Long distance moving is usually more expensive.
Here are some market averages for per-mile rates, courtesy of uShip, a shipping marketplace with a network of over 40,000 active carriers:
- Average cost per mile, under 200 miles: $2.92
- Average cost per mile, over 1,000 miles: $0.78
Car Shipping Cost Factors
There’s more that goes into transport pricing than just distance, however. New Way Moving Services and other companies use a combination of factors to determine how much they charge you.
Here are some of the main influences on your shipping rates:
- Cost of fuel: Because fuel is one of the main expenses for truckers, rates will go up and down with fuel costs.
- Shipping options: Choices like open or enclosed container shipping can significantly influence your rates.
- Vehicle type: Larger vehicles like trucks and SUVs usually cost more to ship than smaller ones. The same is true for more expensive vehicles.
- Vehicle condition: You can ship a car that is in inoperable condition, but it costs more than shipping a car that is driveable.
- Time of year: Summer months are generally the most expensive time to ship a car, while fall and early winter months tend to be the cheapest.
New Way Moving Services Discounts
Very few car shipping companies offer discounts. However, New Way Moving Services posts several coupons and discount opportunities on its website. These discounts include:
- Multiple vehicle discount: You can get $50 off of your bill when you ship multiple cars with New Way.
- Bundling discount: If you bundle your auto transport with home moving service, you’ll get 10% off.
- Military discount: Military members get a 5% discount on shipping.
- Senior discount: Senior citizens can claim a 5% discount on auto transport.
- Student discount: Students also get a 5% discount with New Way Moving Services.
- Same-day booking discount: If you book your services on the same day you request a moving quote, you’ll get $25 off.
New Way Moving Services Car Shipping Services
As a broker, New Way Moving Services has access to a network of thousands of individual auto carriers. That allows the provider to offer a wide range of options. Here are some of the choices you have for shipping your car with New Way:
- Shipping to all 50 states: Not every auto transport company is willing to go through the extra effort of shipping a car to Hawaii or Alaska, but New Way Moving Services does.
- Open container shipping: You can save some money by shipping your car in an open container, but this option leaves your vehicle vulnerable to extreme weather and road hazards.
- Enclosed container shipping: If you want extra protection for your car and are willing to pay more, you can ship it in an enclosed container.
- Motorcycle shipping: New Way offers shipping options for motorcycles. The company also claims they can ship almost anything, so you should be able to ship alternative vehicles like ATVs as well.
New Way Moving Services Household Goods Transport
One feature our team liked about New Way is its household goods moving service. The company can line up movers for your home as well as your car.
Moving house is one of the most common reasons why people need to ship a vehicle. Going with one company that offers full service with both can cut down on the complexity of the moving process.
New Way Moving Services Reviews
New Way Moving Services is not in good standing within the auto transport industry. The company is not accredited by the BBB and also has an F rating from the organization. Furthermore, the BBB has posted an alert for New Way that states the company has a pattern of complaints about customers paying a deposit and not receiving service.
On the other hand, customer reviews for the company are mixed. While New Way Moving Services has a low average rating of 1.3 out of 5.0 stars on the BBB customer review section, it has a positive 4.2 out of 5.0 stars on Trustpilot.
Positive New Way Moving Services Reviews
Customers who report a positive moving experience with New Way tend to mention helpful agents and an easy shipping process. These customers consider this a great company and have no problem recommending New Way Moving Services to others.
“I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. Delivered my vehicle safely and on the given time.”
– Khish, Trustpilot
“They delivered our vehicle on time and the manager was very responsive to our calls. Kept us updated with status.”
– Mason, Trustpilot
Negative New Way Moving Services Reviews
Many of the reviews we read from unsatisfied customers reported some serious issues. Among them were people paying a deposit and not getting service as well as claiming positive reviews were fake.
“They request cash or check or cash app and make you sign a contract to be liable for a deposit of $200. Then they falsely say they assigned you a driver so the deposit kicks in and then never pick up your car until you give up and go with others.”
– Amir, Trustpilot
“If you want to live a nightmare of lies and scams, go with this company! … Communication is absolutely terrible with them. At one point they had blocked our numbers and wouldn’t pick up ever.”
– Jessica, Trustpilot
Bottom Line On New Way Moving Services: 2.6 Stars
While our team likes the idea of a moving company that offers both car shipping and moving household goods, there isn’t much else to celebrate with New Way. The company offers a nice range of shipping options, but no more than other companies that don’t have as many issues.
The BBB alert for New Way Moving Services and its F rating are enough to steer most people away from the company. Consistent complaints about serious issues like deposits not being refunded take it a step further.
We’d love to see more companies offer home and automobile moving bundles, but overall we cannot recommend New Moving Services. There are just too many red flags when there are other reputable companies to choose from that offer similar services.
Top Recommendations For Car Shipping
If New Way Moving Services doesn’t fit the bill for you, there are several providers which we are confident recommending. Both of the providers below made our list of the best car shipping companies. Our team strongly recommends getting car shipping quotes online from multiple providers and comparing them to find the best rates.
Montway Auto Transport: Best Overall
Montway Auto Transport scored well in every category in our research, making it an easy choice for Best Overall provider. The company topped our list of the best car shipping companies due to its excellent service, stress-free shipping processes, and competitive pricing.
The BBB gave Montway an A+ rating and accredited the company. Customers also highly review the company. Montway Auto Transport has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars on the BBB’s customer review section.
You can learn more about the company in our full-length Montway Auto Transport review.
Sherpa Auto Transport: Best For Locked-In Rates
While Sherpa Auto Transport offers a strong combination of affordable rates and exceptional customer service, it’s the company’s Price Lock Promise that sets it apart. Prices are subject to change with most providers, but Sherpa says that the price you’re quoted is the price you’ll pay. You can also get up to a $20 reimbursement for a car wash after your vehicle is delivered as part of the company’s Clean Car Guarantee.
Sherpa’s A+ rating from the BBB is indicative of the company’s standing within the shipping industry. And its average rating of 4.9 stars from customers on the BBB is among the highest we saw in our research.
For more information about the auto transporter, read our Sherpa Auto Transport review.
Frequently Asked Questions
How We Rate Auto Shippers
Our review process aims to deliver consistent and unbiased assessments of car shipping companies. While there are multiple qualities that make an auto transport provider successful, our review team focuses on those we believe are the most important for consumers:
- Cost: Cost can be difficult to compare between providers because so many factors impact auto shipping rates. To determine our cost score, we perform a secret shopper analysis for a variety of vehicles and routes.
- Services: Our team of experts looks at the types of services available, as well as insurance coverage and the ability to guarantee pickup and drop-off dates. Ratings also take into account whether the transport company is a broker or a carrier.
- Reputation: It’s important that a car shipping provider is able to deliver your vehicle in a safe and timely manner. Companies with a strong rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) score well in this category. Established providers with a long history of reliable service also receive positive marks.
- Customer Experience: We comb through consumer reviews on sites like the BBB to learn about customer experiences. Car transport companies with a low volume of complaints score well in this area.
*Data accurate at time of publication.