SGT Auto Transport Reviews
We give SGT Auto Transport an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. This shipping broker has an outstanding reputation and offers affordable options for car transport services. Price matching, express shipping, and guaranteed pickups are other great features of SGT Auto Transport.
Is SGT Auto Transport Legit?
Yes, SGT Auto Transport is a legit car shipping company. The provider was founded in 2014 in Margate, Florida, and moved to Greenville, South Carolina, in 2015. The car shipping broker connects customers with its vetted network of over 200,000 licensed, insured, and bonded auto carriers.
Carriers in SGT’s network serve 49 states, including Hawaii. They ship vehicles such as the following:
- Classic cars
- Pickup trucks
You can choose open or enclosed auto transport with door-to-door service, but SGT Auto Transport doesn’t offer terminal-to-terminal shipping.
SGT Auto Transport BBB
With accreditation and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the shipping broker has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 stars from consumers on the organization’s website. Additionally, SGT has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 stars on Google, based on more than 1,200 reviews.
SGT Auto Transport Customer Reviews
Most review sites indicate that SGT Auto Transport is a highly recommended company. Customers value SGT Auto Transport’s prompt communication and various auto shipping services. Negative reviews, however, usually mention cancellations and last-minute price changes due to carrier issues.
Listed below are a few SGT Auto Transport customer reviews:
Positive SGT Auto Transport Reviews
In positive reviews, consumers discuss customer support and ease with this service provider.
“Excellent customer service and communication. No issues with vehicle transportation. Competitive price and quick service.”
– Steven S. via BBB
“They were very fast picking up our cars and dropping them off to the location. The driver was very nice and gave me a heads up before arriving. [I] will use them again for sure.”
– Gabrielle S. via BBB
Negative SGT Auto Transport Reviews
In negative reviews, customers discuss hidden fees and unexpected cancellations.
“Do not use this carrier for transport as they have a known history of baiting and switching their prices when people need them in a timely manner.”
– Jesus M. via BBB
“Their service was terrible and canceled my order. … They also charged my card and did not cancel the carrier.”
– Kristen P. BBB
SGT Auto Transport Cost
The majority of car owners find SGT Auto Transport affordable. The company provided us with quotes for a 2016 Toyota Camry traveling more than 1,000 miles and a 2017 Honda Civic traveling less than 500 miles, and the costs ranged from about $1,200 to $1,900.
The following are sample quotes for open and enclosed shipping through SGT Auto Transport:
If you place a deposit once a carrier is assigned to your vehicle and then pay the balance once your car is delivered, SGT Auto Transport will give you a discount. However, if you pay the entire cost once a carrier is assigned, you won’t be eligible for a discount.
We recommend shopping around to compare quotes when considering a car shipping service. You can find car shipping quotes online to ease your search.
SGT Auto Transport Services
SGT Auto Transport provides various shipping services, including open, enclosed, and door-to-door auto transportation. The company offers expedited delivery and guaranteed pickup dates for an extra fee.
Here are a few services SGT Auto Transport offers:
- Enclosed vehicle transport: Owners of classic or luxury cars may want to take extra measures to protect their vehicles during transport. Enclosed transport will keep your car safe from road hazards and harsh weather.
- Open vehicle transport: The most popular way to ship a car is by an open carrier. It’s much cheaper because up to 10 vehicles are shipped at once.
- Door-to-door shipping: The most convenient way to move your vehicle is to send it door-to-door. It allows your car to be picked up or dropped off anywhere you want.
- Expedited: For an additional fee, owners with time constraints may choose expedited shipping. Shipments typically take one or two business days.
- Military car shipping: SGT can handle your privately owned vehicle (POV) shipment with care during relocation.
SGT Auto Transport: Conclusion
We rate SGT Auto 4.5 Stars because of their excellent customer experience, reputation, and services. Check out some of their competitors if you don’t think SGT Auto Transport is right for you.
SGT Auto Transport Competitors
Although SGT Auto Transport can be an excellent option for many, it’s always good to compare free quotes from other shippers before making a decision. When reviewing the nation’s best car shipping companies, our team discovered that Montway Auto Transport and Sherpa Auto Transport offer exemplary services at affordable prices.
Montway Auto Transport: Best Overall
Montway Auto Transport was established in 2006 and works with over 15,000 auto shipping providers nationwide. In addition to expedited shipping, international shipping, and auto transport services, it provides door-to-door delivery. The company also provides free cargo insurance for all bookings.
With a 4.5-star rating out of 5.0 on Trustpilot and an A+ rating from the BBB, Montway is highly regarded in the auto transport industry. The auto transport company’s many positive customer reviews mention its excellent communication, affordable pricing, and timely deliveries.
Learn more in our Montway Auto Transport review.
Sherpa Auto Transport: Best For Locked-In Rates
Sherpa Auto Transport came in second on our list of the best car shipping companies. This provider is known for its Price Lock Promise, which ensures you won’t pay more than the initial quoted rate. Sherpa receives great customer reviews for its easy transportation process and transparent pricing.
One of the most respected names in car shipping, Sherpa Auto Transport was rated 4.5 stars in our review and holds an A+ rating from the BBB. As for great benefits, you can get up to $20 reimbursed for a car wash after delivery with Sherpa Auto Transport’s Clean Car Guarantee.
Get more information on the company in our Sherpa Auto Transport review.
SGT Auto Transport: FAQ
Below are some frequently asked questions about SGT Auto Transport:
How We Rate Auto Shippers
Our review process aims to deliver consistent and unbiased assessments of car shipping companies. While there are multiple qualities that make an auto transport provider successful, our review team focuses on those we believe are the most important for consumers:
- Cost: Cost can be difficult to compare between providers because so many factors impact auto shipping rates. To determine our cost score, we perform a secret shopper analysis for a variety of vehicles and routes.
- Services: Our team of experts looks at the types of services available, as well as insurance coverage and the ability to guarantee pickup and drop-off dates. Ratings also take into account whether the transport company is a broker or a carrier.
- Reputation: It’s important that a car shipping provider is able to deliver your vehicle in a safe and timely manner. Companies with a strong rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) score well in this category. Established providers with a long history of reliable service also receive positive marks.
- Customer Experience: We comb through consumer reviews on sites like the BBB to learn about customer experiences. Car transport companies with a low volume of complaints score well in this area.
*Data accurate at time of publication.