Elite Auto Shipping Review
Elite Auto Shipping certainly has a lot of advantages. The company’s ability to ship any kind of vehicle could come in handy for people trying to transport an alternative vehicle. A promise to use a single driver for the entire move is also a feature worth consideration.
According to some Elite Auto Shipping reviews, it’s not clear whether the company is great about keeping its promises. Keep in mind though that a few angry customers are to be expected with just about any company.
Is Elite Auto Shipping Legit?
Yes, Elite Auto Shipping is a legitimate auto shipping provider. While it is a smaller auto transport company it has been in business for 13 years. Based in the borough of Staten Island in New York City, the company’s most attractive feature is the mover’s ability to ship just about any vehicle.
In addition to those options, Elite Auto Shipping also promises no transfers during the shipping process. That means the driver who picks up your vehicle will be the same one who drops it off. This eliminates major opportunities for damages to occur.
We were unable to determine from the company’s website whether or not Elite Auto Shipping offers shipping to Alaska or Hawaii as well as internationally. Representatives claim they do offer these shipping options, however different pages on the site state otherwise.
Elite Auto Shipping BBB
The BBB gives Elite Auto Shipping an F rating. Because BBB ratings are based on a company’s handling of customer complaints, this rating suggests that Elite Auto Shipping does a poor job in that regard.
However, the BBB is only one organization. Like all other ratings, it’s important to keep it in context. Interestingly enough, the company has a 4.0 out of 5.0 star rating on the customer review portion of the site.
Elite Auto Shipping Google Reviews
Elite Auto Shipping holds a 3.2-star rating from 512 Google reviews. The company has many 5.0-star reviews on Google but also a large number of 1.0-star reviews, bringing the average down.
Like we said about the BBB, you should take these Google reviews with a grain of salt. It is more important to do your research instead of relying on others.
Elite Auto Shipping Inc. Reviews
Elite Auto Shipping reviews point in several directions. We rated the shipping company 3.4 stars but read below see what others are saying about them.
Positive Elite Auto Shipping Reviews
When customers have positive things to say about Elite Auto Shipping, they mention good rates, professional drivers, and excellent service.
“I always get a return call or text. Friendly and very accommodating. Let me know the estimated price up front and did not change. Easy to set up and easy to pay.”
– Lorna, BBB
“This is my second time using Elite Auto Shipping. My first time was shipping my BMW from Cali to New Jersey and my second was shipping the same car from New Jersey to Atlanta … communication [was] on point and very friendly.”
– Kali, BBB
Elite Auto Shipping Complaints
While we did see plenty of positive Elite Auto Shipping reviews, the customer experiences we saw reported in unfavorable reviews were concerning. More than a few customers reported losing their upfront deposits or having communication issues.
“I gave them one month’s notice, the week my car was to be shipped, it had not been assigned. When a driver was found, the price skyrocketed! Never again.”
– Nena, BBB
“$100 deposit and never intend to do the job. They left my car for a week and accumulated $75 storage fees.”
– Charles, BBB
Elite Auto Shipping Services
With Elite Auto Shipping, customers have a variety of ways to ship different vehicles. Here are some of the auto transport service options you have with the company:
- Door-to-door shipping: Your driver will pick up and deliver your vehicle as close as possible to a convenient location you choose.
- Open shipping: Moving your car on an open air carrier is the more affordable transport type when compared to enclosed shipping. However, it leaves your car exposed to road hazards and weather.
- Enclosed container shipping: You can choose to ship your car in an enclosed trailer for added protection at a higher price.
- Classic car shipping: Not every auto transporter is willing to ship classic cars. However, with Elite Auto Shipping, you can.
- Alternative vehicle shipping: Whether it’s a motorcycle, boat, RV, or some other mode of transportation, you can likely ship it with Elite Auto Shipping.
Elite Auto Shipping Cost
Elite Auto Shipping doesn’t publish its auto transport rates. Instead, you’ll need to use its shipping calculator tool, leave your contact information, and wait for a representative to get back to you with a free quote.
If you do request a car shipping quote online from Elite Auto Shipping, you can compare it to these averages from uShip, a car shipping marketplace that works with tens of thousands of movers:
- Average cost per mile, under 200 miles: $2.92
- Average cost per mile, over 1,000 miles: $0.78
- Average car shipping cost overall: $500 to $1,000
Elite Auto Shipping Cost Factors
One reason you won’t see blanket rates for Elite Auto Shipping published is that car shipping costs are determined by a number of variables about you, your vehicle, and your shipping needs. That’s true of any auto transporter. Understanding these factors can help you find cheap car shipping rates.
Here are some of the main factors that affect your car shipping rates, other than distance:
- Shipping options: Your choice of transport type and delivery options are major factors in the cost of car shipping.
- Vehicle type: The larger or more expensive your vehicle is, the more it will generally cost to ship. Specialty vehicles usually require additional fees.
- Vehicle condition: Driveable vehicles will almost always be cheaper to ship than inoperable vehicles.
- Time of year: Shipping costs are seasonal. You’ll typically pay higher rates in the summer and see rates start to go down in the fall.
- Cost of fuel: Fuel is one of the main costs for car carriers. As a result, it is a significant factor in your shipping costs.
Elite Auto Shipping: Conclusion
We rated Elite Auto Shipping 3.4 out of 5.0 stars. We think they are worth consideration when searching for a car shipping company because of their great services and customer experience. If you are scared of their reputation and prices, check out some of their competitors below.
Elite Auto Shipping Competitors
No matter what you decide about Elite Auto Shipping, it’s always a good idea to get car shipping quotes from multiple providers and compare. Our team recommends getting quotes from the following providers:
Montway Auto Transport: 4.6 Stars
Founded in 2007, Montway Auto Transport works with a network of over 15,000 car shipping providers around the country. Montway offers door-to-door shipping, expedited shipping, and more. Every shipment you book with the company comes with free vehicle shipping insurance.
Both customers and industry organizations rate Montway Auto Transport highly. The company has a 4.5 out of 5.0 star rating on Trustpilot. It also has an A+ rating from the BBB. Customers praise Montway’s affordable shipping rates, punctual delivery, and responsive communication.
Sherpa Auto Transport: 4.5 Stars
Sherpa Auto Transport is another provider worth looking into. The company offers a Price Lock Promise that guarantees the quote you receive is the price you’ll pay. That transparent pricing policy, as well as its Clean Car Guarantee, which reimburses customers up to $20 for a car wash, earn Sherpa a place on our list of the best car shipping companies.
The company has an A+ rating from the BBB, the organization’s highest. Based on everything we saw in our research, our own team gave Sherpa Auto Transport a 4.5 out of 5.0-star rating, placing it second overall in our study.
FAQ: Elite Auto Shipping
Below are some frequently asked questions about Elite Auto Shipping:
How We Rate Auto Shippers
Our review process aims to deliver consistent and unbiased assessments of car shipping companies. While there are multiple qualities that make an auto transport provider successful, our review team focuses on those we believe are the most important for consumers:
- Cost: Cost can be difficult to compare between providers because so many factors impact auto shipping rates. To determine our cost score, we perform a secret shopper analysis for a variety of vehicles and routes.
- Services: Our team of experts looks at the types of services available, as well as insurance coverage and the ability to guarantee pickup and drop-off dates. Ratings also take into account whether the transport company is a broker or a carrier.
- Reputation: It’s important that a car shipping provider is able to deliver your vehicle in a safe and timely manner. Companies with a strong rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) score well in this category. Established providers with a long history of reliable service also receive positive marks.
- Customer Experience: We comb through consumer reviews on sites like the BBB to learn about customer experiences. Car transport companies with a low volume of complaints score well in this area.
*Data accurate at time of publication.