AA Auto Rating
Whether you’re looking to move your vehicle cross country or even to Canada, AA Auto Transport can help. Our experts cover all you need to know about AA Auto Transport’s reputation, costs, services, and customer experience to help you decide whether the car shipping company is right for you.
To help you get started, our team has researched and reviewed the best car shipping companies in the industry. We recommend getting free quotes from top providers to find the one that best fits your needs.
AA Auto Transport Overview
Established in 1983, AA Auto Transport is headquartered in San Diego. The company works with licensed and insured automotive carriers throughout the United States and Canada.
AA Auto Transport offers car and motorcycle shipping, as well as oversize vehicle shipping for heavy-duty machinery and recreational vehicles (RVs). Beyond standard open and enclosed transport options, AA Auto Transport provides door-to-door delivery, car shipping to Hawaii, and international vehicle shipping. All cars are insured for their Kelley Blue Book value during transit.
AA Auto Transport is a reputable automotive shipping company. It holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which highlights its ability to communicate and resolve customer complaints and disputes. Most positive customer reviews praise AA Auto Transport’s high-quality service and integrity, while negative reviews focus on problems with the company’s carriers.
AA Auto Transport Cost
Based on car shipping quotes we received, AA Auto Transport’s services cost about $1,800 on average. AA Auto Transport offers decent pricing for most of its services, though it tends to be higher than other auto shipping companies we’ve reviewed.
Here are a few estimates we received from AA Auto Transport to ship a 2018 Honda CR-V:
AA Auto Transport
AA Auto Transport requires a deposit and signed order before your shipment is scheduled. The entire balance is due when the vehicle is delivered to its destination. You can pay by cash, credit card, postal money order, or cashier’s check. All debit or credit card payments are charged a 3 percent processing fee.
AA Auto Transport Shipping Cost Factors
There are a few key factors that affect the cost of vehicle shipping with AA Auto Transport, including:
- Miles traveled: Cross-country shipments will have better rates per mile than shorter-distance trips, but they’ll cost more in total.
- Type of transport: Enclosed carrier transport is more expensive than open transport but can be worth the additional cost for luxury and classic cars.
- Time of year: You can find more reasonable prices in the off-season. January and summer months are the most expensive due to higher demand.
- Vehicle operability: More resources and effort are required to ship inoperable vehicles, making them more expensive.
- Vehicle size: Larger vehicles, like SUVs and trucks, cost more to ship than standard sedans. This also applies to specialty vehicles like RVs and ATVs.
AA Auto Transport Car Shipping Services
AA Auto Transport offers several standard options for shipping, including open or enclosed transport and door-to-door delivery. The company also provides shipping to Canada and US territories.
Here’s an overview of AA Auto Transport’s auto shipping services:
- Open transport: This is a standard and cheap car shipping option that exposes your vehicle to the elements. This shipping method is best for budget-conscious drivers.
- Enclosed transport: Your vehicle is transported in an enclosed trailer or shipping container to prevent damage. It’s a good option for luxury and classic car owners looking for peace of mind and for cars with less than 4 inches of clearance.
- Door-to-door: For this type of transport, a carrier picks up and drops off your vehicle as close to your home as possible. AA Auto Shipping does not provide terminal-to-terminal shipping.
- Hawaii auto shipping: You can ship your car to or from any of the main Hawaiian ports and have it delivered to your home.
- Alaska auto shipping: Vehicles are shipped to Alaskan ports twice per week. Trucking to Alaska is only available during the summer months.
When shipping your car with AA Auto Transport, you are not allowed to load any items in your vehicle. Carriers are not licensed to transport household goods or personal items because the insurance does not cover them.
AA Auto Transport does not have a mobile app for delivery tracking. You can monitor your vehicle through email, text messages, or phone calls with the carrier and customer service representatives.
AA Auto Transport Quotes
AA Auto Transport is an automotive broker that connects customers with carriers. To get started with a free quote from the company, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Pickup and destination cities
- Preferred shipping date
- Vehicle’s year, make, and model
- Name, email address, and phone number
Using this information, AA Auto Transport will provide you with an estimated transport quote from a carrier. You can then confirm your pickup and drop-off dates and pay your deposit to book the shipment. You’ll meet the driver at or near your home so they can pick your vehicle up. Once your vehicle arrives at its destination, you’ll sign a bill of lading to verify delivery.
AA Auto Transport Reviews
AA Auto Transport reviews are difficult to come by, as the provider does not have a page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, the company holds a 2.1-star average rating out of 5.0 from only 17 customer reviews on Google. While this is a lower customer rating in the auto transport industry, it’s important to note that this is from only 17 reviews and is not representative of all AA Auto Transport customers.
Positive AA Auto Transport reviews highlight the company’s supportive staff, accessibility, and ease of use. We spoke with helpful customer service representatives who provided a quote and answered multiple questions within minutes of calling. Negative customer reviews tend to focus on communication issues with the auto transport company and damage from the carrier.
Positive AA Auto Transport Reviews
Customers who leave positive feedback for the car shipping company compliment the provider’s service and helpful team members.
“The car came in good shape and [with] no damage. The staff was helpful every time I called and emailed. … I would definitely use them again in the future if needed and recommend them to everyone.”
– Aliza V. via Google
“Thanks for your help transporting my car from San Diego, California, to Arlington, Texas. Awesome service and I would definitely use it in the future if needed. Arrival time was amazingly fast! Thank you.”
– Ashonda via Google
Negative AA Auto Transport Reviews
There are far fewer negative reviews for AA Auto Transport, but some consumers did not have good experiences.
“Do not use this carrier. Extremely unprofessional. My car has been sitting in a random lot in Michigan for a week, and they didn’t bother to tell me until I called. Every time I call, the delivery date gets pushed back.”
– Steve via Google
Bottom Line On AA Auto Transport: 4.0 Stars
We rate AA Auto Transport 4.0 stars out of 5.0 based on its reputation, cost, services, and customer experience. The auto broker works with licensed and insured carriers that offer accessibility throughout the nation and internationally. However, the company’s prices tend to be higher than most of the other top car shippers we’ve reviewed.
Top Recommendations For Car Shipping
Before you make any decisions, you should get free quotes from several car shippers to compare your options. While AA Auto Transport is a reputable company, we recommend getting estimates from Easy Auto Ship and Sherpa Auto Transport as well.
Easy Auto Ship: 4.5 Stars
Established in 1996, Easy Auto Ship is an experienced auto broker that’s shipped about 123,000 cars nationwide. Easy Auto Ship holds an A+ rating from the BBB with a 4.6 out of 5.0-star customer rating. We like that the company offers a price guarantee and full insurance coverage so your car is protected at all times.
Learn more in our Easy Auto Ship review to see if the provider is right for you.
Sherpa Auto Transport: 4.5 Stars
Sherpa Auto Transport is a popular auto broker known for its locked-in prices. You’ll never pay more than the amount you’re quoted thanks to its Price Lock Promise. Sherpa offers open, enclosed, and door-to-door shipping services in 48 states (Hawaii and Alaska are excluded).
Read our in-depth guide to Sherpa Auto Transport to learn more.
FAQ: AA Auto Transport
How We Rate Auto Shippers
Our review process aims to deliver consistent and unbiased assessments of car shipping companies. While there are multiple qualities that make an auto transport provider successful, our review team focuses on those we believe are the most important for consumers:
- Cost: Cost can be difficult to compare between providers because so many factors impact auto shipping rates. To determine our cost score, we perform a secret shopper analysis for a variety of vehicles and routes.
- Services: Our team of experts looks at the types of services available, as well as insurance coverage and the ability to guarantee pickup and drop-off dates. Ratings also take into account whether the transport company is a broker or a carrier.
- Reputation: It’s important that a car shipping provider is able to deliver your vehicle in a safe and timely manner. Companies with a strong rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) score well in this category. Established providers with a long history of reliable service also receive positive marks.
- Customer Experience: We comb through consumer reviews on sites like the BBB to learn about customer experiences. Car transport companies with a low volume of complaints score well in this area.
*Data accurate at time of publication.