Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Unless, of course, you happen to be flying, driving, watching the news or talking to anyone. Because then you'll know today's the worst travel day of the year — 1.4% more worst than last. More statistics below.
Here's some numbers to make you feel absolutely craptastic as you ready yourself to make the trek to LaGuardia or wherever this Thanksgiving eve:
● AAA projects 38.4 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more away from home over Thanksgiving holiday weekend, a 1.4% increase over last year's 37.8 million.
● CNBC's Phil LeBeau's live reports from Chicago's O'Hare airport will increase 7.8% from last year's record number.
● Travelers by car expected to increase 2.1% to 33.2 million.
● Fox News will raise death-by-airplane scare segments by 44% over last year's record 18.
● Air travel will drop 6.7% to 2.3 million.
● 1 in 4 users of turkey fryers will give themselves third degree burns.
So, a fun day to everyone!
Photo Credit: Mario Tama / Getty Images News