Courtesy of Wonkette we have a list of things you might not know about our personal congressman, Democratic Caucus Chair Rahm Emanuel:
- He was offered a scholarship to the Joffrey School of Ballet
- Raised in the Chicago school of politics, he's sent dead fish to people who have crossed him
- The character Josh Lyman from The West Wing is loosely based on him
- He's been known to plant steak knives into tables when trying to make a point
- He went to Sarah Lawrence
- He likes to show off his right middle finger, which was severed in an Arby's accident
- His brother is the basis of Ari Gold from Entourage
Why are we telling you this?
Earlier today Murilee chronicled a Nissan-powered Land Rover with a Citroen suspension, which is a mix of weird parts, much like Rahm Emanuel the tough ballet dancing, colleague threatening former Arby's employee. There were a lot of great questions asked but this from Discontinuuity made us chuckle in a way that Rep. Emanuel would likely beat us for:
"Building a Nissan-powered Land Rover with Citroen suspension isn't normal, but on meth it is."
Do meth jokes ever get old?