I was just about to give up on Atari's Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends when a mysterious voice beckoned me to pick up the controller and give it one more go. Little did I know I'd find an easter egg in the game that would make the whole experience worthwhile.
When I introduced Car Hacks last week, I mentioned that cars can be thought of as huge rolling collections of interesting parts. This week I'm putting that idea to the test, by using some of those interesting parts to do something they were never remotely meant to do. Specifically, the parts are power seat controls,…
I was able to slither into E3 this year, thanks to my friends at IndieCade, and, following all of your unconscious mindbeams, I made straight for the Forza Horizon booth. After waiting in a long, sweaty line I was finally able to try it out firsthand, and, even better, talk to the head of the studio about the game.
Video games are the one thing that's really kept their promises from when I was a kid. We don't have jetpacks or common flying cars or pizzas-in-a-pill, but our video game evolution has been spectacular. Especially driving games.
I've been tempted to start a column on Tesla's Elon Musk that's just an ongoing list of him explaining things (for example, Elon Musk explains love). He's clearly got a fascinating mind working up there. A great example of this is him telling future Musk biographer Hannah Elliott how the dystopian video game…
We've heard rumors that Australia's epic Mount Panorama Circuit (a.k.a. Bathurst) was getting scanned for Gran Turismo 6, and now there's evidence of the scanning crew in action.
Powered by an AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card, Chad Smith's five screen racing simulator looks like it provides almost the same thrills as the military's simulators, without requiring the military's budget.
PC racing simulator iRacing is for people who find the Forza and GranTurismo games too arcade-like. This dude's five-screen setup for a digital race at Mid-Ohio is so realistic he's wearing gloves to drive it.
We loved the original "Mario Kart." How could we not love a mash-up of our greatest 80s addiction with vehicular mayhem, all set in a multi-player environment. Now, 19 years after that original hyperactive treat, "Mario Kart 7" is set to drop like a turtle shell.
Nintendo's debuting a gamer-themed car at this year's LA Auto Show assembled by the crew at West Coast Customs. There's a 10% chance it'll be awesome and a 90% chance it'll be the typical Pimp-my-Ride nonsense.
"Guile's Theme" isn't the only thing that makes life better. So does the Super Mario Bros. theme, as evident by this video.
We saw the 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3' Jeep Wrangler when it was quietly unveiled at the Woodward Dream Cruise in August. Now we're seeing the ad that'll accompany the special edition four-wheeler — and I think both gaming and Jeep fans alike will think it's simply epic.
Turn 10 has released this trailer for the November update to Forza 4's menu of stunningly-rendered cars, featuring in-game footage of gorgeous — if predictable — selections: the Aventador, a 458 Competizione, Audi's R15, an Aston Virage, a...GMC Typhoon?
We understand the grueling agony of not knowing how much free moolah you're getting from the reward cars you get for leveling up in Forza 4. Well suffer no more – here's a full pricing guide to all of the game's free cars.