Good news, Smoke fans! Tony Stewart will return to racing this weekend, and is even eligible for NASCAR’s playoff-style championship, the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Bad news, everyone: he was also just fined $35,000 for calling out NASCAR on something he should be able to voice concerns on: safety.
In a surprising move this week, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series powerhouse Stewart-Haas Racing announced that they were moving from campaigning Chevrolets to Fords for 2017. Naturally, some NASCAR fans are coping with this news better than others.
Tony Stewart was involved in a non-racing-related all-terrain vehicle accident Saturday that left him with a burst fracture of the L1 vertebra, per Autosport. Unfortunately, Stewart-Haas Racing confirmed today that Stewart will miss the start of his final NASCAR Sprint Cup season to recover from the injury.
Tony Stewart pointed out a major flaw with NASCAR in an interview with Dave Moody on Sirius/XM Radio: series chairman and CEO Brian France just isn’t there at the track. That might explain a few things.
The reportedly drunk heckler who drew Tony Stewart’s ire at the Chili Bowl nationals last night, prompting the NASCAR star to angrily confront him in the stands is a Tulsa County sheriff’s deputy according to an update today by the Tulsa World.
Multiple videos have turned up showing a guy arguing with NASCAR star Tony Stewart in the stands at the Chili Bowl. Witnesses on Twitter say the gent flipped Stewart off; we only know it’s smart to avoid confrontation with “Smoke” at a dirt track.
Tony Stewart is the latest NASCAR Sprint Cup driver to mow the lawn. Stewart spun into the grass on lap 51 at Texas Motor Speedway, heavily damaging his car and taking him out of the race.
“Next year will be my last year in the Sprint Cup series,” NASCAR Sprint Cup driver and team owner Tony Stewart said in a press conference this afternoon. “It was a choice that was 100 percent mine. I think deep down, you know when it’s time to do something different.”
NASCAR driver and team co-owner Tony Stewart came forth with an incredible act of kindness after Justin Wilson’s IndyCar crash yesterday. Stewart lent his private plane to reunite Wilson’s family in Pennsylvania, where Wilson remains in intensive care after being struck in the head by a loose nosecone.…
The family of Kevin Ward, Jr., the young man killed during last year’s sprint car race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park, has filed a lawsuit against NASCAR driver Tony Stewart. Stewart’s car struck and killed Ward during a caution period, as Ward had gotten out of his car during a race.
Martin Truex Jr.'s number 78 Chevy had a bit of a run-in with Tony Stewart's number 14 Chevy during today's NASCAR Sprint Cup Auto Club 400. So, Stewart let Truex know in the pits after the race—rather heatedly. (At least no one threw any punches or grabbed onto any firesuits this time.)
Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway briefly showed this message around 2:00 p.m. Saturday purporting to be from ISIS. The message appeared in place of its usual graphics, complete with irritating autoplay audio of an Arabic song.
Seven cars in total were damaged after Tony Stewart got loose coming into Turn 4 on Lap 41 of the Daytona 500. Stewart drifted into Ryan Blaney. Behind them, Matt Kenseth and Michael Waltrip made contact, sending Kenseth in to the wall. Sorry, Stewart and Kenseth, it is not your year. Update: Smoke is back in the…
I know a lot of people who are particularly bashful about their weight, but it's something you can't do in NASCAR. You're required to weigh in before practice so that the minimum weight of your car can be determined. Stewart didn't do that before going out for practice for the Sprint Unlimited race. Uh-oh.
NASCAR star Tony Stewart just bought the All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car series, but he said Tuesday on SiriusXM's "Tony Stewart Live" show that he has no plans to race in it. In fact, he's not sure he'll ever be able to race a sprint car again after last year's accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr.
As the world digested the news that Tony Stewart would not be criminally charged in the incident involving the death of fellow racer Kevin Ward, Jr., the balance of public opinion seemed to shift in the NASCAR star's favor. Ward's family is questioning that now in a heartfelt open letter, and a whole lot more.
A few days after being cleared by a New York grand jury in the August 9 dirt track crash that killed driver Kevin Ward Jr., driver Tony Stewart said he has been so overcome with grief he has been unable to leave his house.
As the racing world awaits a 3 p.m. press conference in upstate New York where a District Attorney will announce the results of a grand jury investigation into Tony Stewart's fatal crash into driver Kevin Ward Jr., TMZ reports that the grand jury has declined to charge Stewart with any crimes. (UPDATE: Confirmed.)