How many of you are going to a Cars & Coffee event this weekend? Today was my first in the foggy city of Charlotte, NC. I had a blast.
NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Landon Cassill not only finished the whole Coca-Cola 600* last night at Charlotte, but he ran to NASCAR Hall of Fame afterwards, exactly 13.92 miles away. Dude is a beast.
At the end of the final practice session for the NASCAR Xfinity Hisense 300, Chad Boat spun out and cut into Charlotte Motor Speedway’s infield, where his splitter dug up a crap-ton of grass. Then the same thing happened to Boat during qualifying. Conclusion: race cars do not make good lawnmowers.
Just as Nascar spurs ardent fans and detractors, there's an equally strident break between supporters and haters of "Top Gear USA." This May, they can all come together at Nascar's Top Gear 300, the combination Pizza Hut/Taco Bell of motorsports.
Charlotte Motor Speedway's having some fun with the ginormous gaping sinkhole in the middle of their infield, putting out the following top ten list of things they've found in said earthly maw.
• An apple a day, keeps the health costs away. [Freep]
• Welcome to Detroit...we hope you survive! [Detroit News]
• And the winner of "Most obvious headline of the year" goes to...ABC News! [ABC News]
• Best. Sales Month. Ever. [Marketwatch]
• Merger madness, it aint just for the car companies anymore. [Houston…