How much money does Red Bull have? They travel with their own DJ who makes custom playlists for the drivers and team for every race. He's EROK and he's made a list just for you, Jalopnik reader, for when you need to get pumped before a big race. It's just part of the secret sauce that makes Red Bull Racing so damn fast, and now you've got some of your own.
Having been to a race and seen Red Bull in action, it's hard not to notice how important it is for them to maintain an aura of cool around everything. It's as if you're in a club in Ibiza every time you walk into one of their events. Setting the mood is DJ EROK. You can hear his stuff here.
EROK was on hand at the New York Auto Show, spinning records and making lists. I asked him if he could make a list that would mimic the feel of being a world champion preparing for a race. Here it is.
He tells us this is what "you would hear bumping in the garage on a race day."
It runs about 40 minutes and starts with Daft Punk, fades into Groove Armada, and ends with Florence Welch and Calvin Harris remixed by Diplo. Don't pull a Vettel and skip ahead, it's meant to be listened to in order.
You can find it on Spotify right here, but if you want to remake it somewhere else here's the tracklist:
- Digital Love (Boris Dlugsosh Remix) - Daft Punk
- Coma Cat (Treasure Fingers Remix) - Tensnake
- Song For Lindy - Fatboy Slim
- Superstylin' - Groove Armada
- Tuna Melt - Les Rythmes Digitales Remix - A-Trak & Tommy Trash
- Hearts On Fire - Calvin Harris Remix - Cut Copy
- Sweet Nothing - Diplo + Grandtheft Remix - Calvin Harris, Florence Welch