SAn Italian toddler died on Tuesday after being forgotten in a car by his father for eight hours. The parents are currently being hospitalized in a state of shock.
Il Corriere de la Sera reports that the boy was locked in the car sometime after eight in the morning and likely died not long after noon. The believed cause of death is asphyxiation. When the boy was recovered, his temperature was 104 degrees F.
The 39-year-old father took his son to the nursery on the way to work, but never took him out of the car. Only when the boy's grandmother went to pick up the boy, could not find him, and alerted the parents.
How does this happen? How do you forget your kid? Certainly the parents are asking themselves these questions. They face charges of involuntary manslaughter and child neglect.
Photo Credit: Victoria Harjadi (Italian parking lot pictured)